01 November 2019

深夜食堂5 Shinya Shokudō 5 (Midnight Diner: Tokyo Stories 2) Quotes


Title: 深夜食堂5 Shinya Shokudō 5
English Title:
  • Late Night Diner 5
  • Late Night Restaurant 5
  • Midnight Diner 5
  • Midnight Diner: Tokyo Stories 2
  • Midnight Restaurant 5



Episode 01: Chicken Fried Rice

Akai Shinichiro: I see. It sounds like customers are given more choices, but decisions are actually led by the diner. What an interesting strategy.

Akai Shinichiro: The color red gives you power. Some people wear read underwear, you know. What an interesting strategy.

Momi: Life, it's not like a game. You can't reset it.


Episode 02: Fried Chicken Breast with Cheese

Miki: Do you believe in fortune-telling?
Master: Me? Whether I believe it or not, I think life turns out however it turns out.

Hikaru: He said, "I didn't deceive you. I just didn't tell you the truth."

Kanamoto: They say, "Happiness only comes to those who are ready to accept it".


Episode 03: Plum Rice Ball


Episode 04: Fried Chicken Wings

?: I'm running out of time.

Morino Chizuru: I guess I'm running out of time, too.

Master: I don't think you have to put on an act.

Morino Chizuru: Do you have a measure?
Master: A measure?
Morino Chizuru: A measure for knowing how happy you are.
Master: I've never even thought about it before.
Morino Chizuru: I don't have one. I've done my best as a model, but it's always been others who decide my worth. Since I met Kanzaki Toru, I feel like I want o become someone he could like.
Master: Are you okay with that?
Morino Chizuru: Eh? (What?)
Master: As long as you judge yourself using someone else's measure, you'll never find your real self, no matter where you look.

Kanzaki Toru: If you see something better, you take it. I think that's normal.


Episode 05: Yakisoba Dog


Episode 06: Salmon and Mushrooms


Episode 07: Kitsune Udon

?: "There's no such thing as a free lunch."

Akina: It's not my ideal job, but it could lead to something else.

Honma Haruna: But you never know until you do it!

Nobuta Yukio: I learned from her that you'll never know until you do something.

Akina: (voice acting as Shota) I'm sorry, but I couldn't do it. In this world, some can make it, and some cannot. I'm the one who cannot do it.
Akina: (voice acting as Shino) Don't decide if you can't do it! You do know; you just don't want to fail. But you never know the outcome until you try doing it.

Honma Haruna: : (voice acting as Shino) Don't decide if you can't do it! You do know; you just don't want to fail. But you never know the outcome until you try doing it.

Episode 08: Curry Ramen

Tadashi, also known as Chu: Shouldn't you be careful about mixing money and friendship?
Kanamoto: They say, "When the money runs out, so does the friendship".

Tachibana Shuichi, also known as Shu: That kind of work isn't for me, you know?
Hinano: So what is? If this job is not good enough for you, then what is?

Episode 09: Sweet Rolled Omelet


Episode 10: Crab and Toshikoshi Soba

Hayashi Gen: We need to take care of ourselves, right?

Kogure: If you stand still, you might lose things in life.