21 December 2011

深夜食堂2 Shinya Shokudō 2 Quotes


Title: 深夜食堂2 Shinya Shokudō 2
English Title:
  • Late Night Diner 2
  • Late Night Restaurant 2
  • Midnight Diner 2
  • Midnight Restaurant 2




Episode 01: Futatabi Akai Weiner (Fried Wiener Again)

Kumi: Does the past still bother you? Why are you still hung up on that silly thing.

Noguchi: There are more important things to do in life than work.


Episode 02: Karaage to Highball (Fried Chicken and Highball)

?: Live the life you want.


Episode 03: Asari no Sakamushi (Clams Steamed with Sake)

Tadashi, also known as Chu: She doesn't understand the subtleties of life.


Episode 04: Nikogori (Jellied Fish Broth)

Tadashi, also known as Chu: Teaching someone is a learning experience, you know. It will help you grow as a person.

Tadashi, also known as Chu: You shouldn't pry into the lives of others.

Master: If you can't make up your mind, let it go.

Ikumi, also known as Miku: When this is all over, what do I do with my life? Can I go back to being who I used to be?
Master: Well, you should take the time to think about it.

Master: Life is all about timing. If you meet the right person at the right time, who knows what will happen?


Episode 05: Kanzume (Sweet and Sour Pork with Pineapple)

Kikuno: I was the one who started it, so I had to be the one to end it.


Episode 06: Cream Stew



Episode 07: Hakusaizuke (Pickled Napa Cabbage)

Komichi: They say it's harder to be consistent than it is to change.

?: Do you remember the taste of your hometown? It's different for everyone.

Kosuzu: Is your entire life reference material for the stories you write?

Master: Isn't your life just reference material for your work?

?: Don't cry. What's done is done.


Episode 08: Hiyashi Chūka (Cold Noodles)

Master: Someone once said that women who are sensitive are more attractive to women who are sensitive to heat.

?: Men should be spending their money on you, not the other way around.

Inuzuka Heihachi: They each had a different impression of him, depending on who I asked.

Inuzuka Heihachi: Life never goes according to plan.


Episode 09: Nikujaga (Meat and Potato Stew)

Master: As they say, "Every day is your birthday."
?: But, is that really true?


Episode 10: Gyōza

?: I didn't forget you. I just didn't have the time to think about you.

?: Should I be happy with what I have?

Master: Your life isn't just your own.
?: My life belongs to me.