05 September 2016

혼술남녀 Drinking Solo Quotes


Title: 혼술남녀 Honsoolnamnyeo
English Title:
  • Drinking Alone
  • Drinking Solo
  • Let's Drink




Episode 01

Jin Sang also known as Jin Jung Seok: I have my own rules for enjoying drinking alone. First, I must drink in a place with a luxurious atmosphere. Second, I must eat something luxurious while I drink. Third, I seek to promote a mindful and high-quality drinking culture.

Park Ha Na: The people you know can be scarier than strangers.

Jin Sang also known as Jin Jung Seok: There are thousands of instructors that are not that bad. Only the good ones survive in this field.

Jin Sang also known as Jin Jung Seok: Why don't I drink with my co-workers? It's because I much prefer drinking solo.
Jin Sang also known as Jin Jung Seok: Why do I like drinking alone? I like it because... I don't have to feel forced to drink when I drink alone. I can enjoy my drinks at my own pace... I also don't have to listen to things that I don't want to hear... I don't have to put on a fake smile and waste my emotional energy... Plus, I don't have to bend over backwards to get on someone's good side. Drinking solo allows me time to solely focus on myself. It's such a healing experience, that's why I love drinking by myself.

Park Ha Na: If there's a will, there's a way.


Episode 02

Text: If you don't walk today, you'll have to run tomorrow.

Jin Gong Myung: You need to be pushed to the edge to be determined.


Episode 03

Park Ha Na: I think you'll do great... First, it means you already acknowledge your problem. If you know your problem, that means it can be fixed. I think you'll do well.

?: Sometimes there are things you have to do even if you don't want to.

Park Ha Na: Don't be like that. You should give your all while you're at it.

Jin Sang also known as Jin Jung Seok: Doing your best is a given. You must do a good job.


Episode 04

Jin Sang also known as Jin Jung Seok: You must not memorize things in a foolish way. Then how must you memorize things, you may ask? First, understand the flow. Then, memorize things. You must understand the flow of things first, and then memorize things after that.

Jin Sang also known as Jin Jung Seok: The reason why I drink solo is... I don't have to see something unnecessary... I don't have to waste my energy unnecessarily... I don't have to spend my money unnecessarily. It's time for myself only. It's my healing time, that's why I drink alone.


Episode 05

Jin Sang also known as Jin Jung Seok: Don't lower yourself too much like that either. It's better to see you being blunt without caring so much. Be confident and say what you want. Don't do what others want you to do all the time.


Episode 06

Jin Sang also known as Jin Jung Seok: You know, the thing about chances is only people who are prepared can take advantage of them.

Jin Sang also known as Jin Jung Seok: How could you not even take care of yourself properly... ? Don't you know that self-care is the most important thing... ?

?: The fact that you want to be acknowledged by someone means that you like them.

Jin Gong Myung: I don't know if you're too nice or too naive.

Jin Gong Myung: If you keep crying, you will have more things to cry about. If you keep smiling, you will have more things to smile about.


Episode 07



Episode 08

Jin Sang, also known as Jin Jung Seok: Why does it matter what others think? Our lives are too short to focus on ourselves.


Episode 09



Episode 10



Episode 11

Kim Dong Young: Hey, don't be discouraged. How many can actually find their true passion and pursue it as their career?


Episode 12

Jin Sang, also known as Jin Jung Seok: This is a battlefield, and you have to do your best to survive. And you don't have the luxury of helping others on a battlefield! The only one you can trust is yourself!

Park Ha Na: I'm severely lacking, so I need the help of others. And if I'm to receive help, I need to give it. That's what I believe.


Episode 13



Episode 14



Episode 15



Episode 16

Kim Ki Bum: You should set goals for even the smallest things. If you do, you'll definitely succeed!