22 December 2011

뱀파이어 검사 Vampire Prosecutor


Title: 뱀파이어 검사 Baempaieo Geumsa
English Title: Vampire Prosecutor
Country: South Korea
Language: Korean
Year: 2011
Cast:
  • 연정훈 Yeon Jung Hoon
  • 이영아 Lee Young Ah
  • 이원종 Lee Won Jong
  • 김주영 Kim Joo Young
  • 박재훈 Park Jae Hoon



SYNOPSIS
A joint department is formed between the police station and the prosecutor's office to investigate unsolved crimes. Prosecutor Min Tae Yeon and Detective Hwang Soon Bum are tasked to lead the new department and they are also good friends.

Tae Yeon is a vampire and he survives by drinking the blood of dead people. His abilities as a vampire help Tae Yeon in conducting his investigations and catching the criminals.



REVIEW
I don't really like watching fantasy productions with whimsical creatures; it's just not the typical concepts I gravitate to generally. I'm still not sure why I actually tuned in to Vampire Prosecutor especially considering that out of all the fantastical creatures in the world, I've never been fascinated with vampires ever.

Be that as it may, I quite enjoyed the drama because the plot is tightly written. I'm grateful that the focus of the drama is how the department tackles unsolved crimes considering the lack of evidence instead of the fantastical elements.

I love that characters are well developed in the drama. I really like the relationships between Min Tae Yeon, Hwang Soon Bum, Yoo Jung In, and Choi Dong Man. They have a great working relationship but I think they all have genuine affection and concern for their colleagues so they can be considered as almost family.



Related:
뱀파이어 검사2 Vampire Prosecutor 2


###
뱀파이어 검사 Vampire Prosecutor