29 August 2021

갯마을 차차차 Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha Quotes


Title: 갯마을 차차차 Gaenmaeul Chachacha
English Title: Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha

갯마을 차차차 Hometown Cha Cha Cha Review



Episode 01

Hong Du Sik, also known as Chief Hong: I guess there has always been people like you. Otherwise, our ancestors wouldn't come up with the saying, "Save a person from drowning, and they'll ask for your belongings."

Yoon Hye Jin: So could you please be kind, and help me out?
...
Yoon Hye Jin: Exactly. Normally, I refuse to be indebted to anyone.
Hong Du Sik, also known as Chief Hong: Let me get this straight. So if the circumstances allowed, you would get out of this situation on your own?


Yoon Hye Jin: Gosh. Why does he never answer my questions?!

Hong Du Sik, also known as Chief Hong: I hate being so formal, only to make things get awkward.


Episode 02

Yoon Hye Jin: We all have moments we regret in life.
Yoon Hye Jin: Nevertheless, we can never turn back the time.

Hong Du Sik, also known as Chief Hong: Let bygones be bygones.

Yoon Hye Jin: Living in the past when one's present is in shambles? That's something only what cowards do.
...
Pyo Mi Sun: I feel bad for those whose hopes are left behind in the past. One's unfulfilled dreams tend to hold a place in one's heart.

Hong Du Sik, also known as Chief Hong: Why not? You freely judge other people's lives, but you are offended when you're being assessed?
Hong Du Sik, also known as Chief Hong: Look here, it seems like you're mistaken. Life isn't so fair for all of us. Some spend their whole lives on unpaved roads, while some run at full speed only to reach the edge of a cliff. Got that?


Episode 03

Hong Du Sik, also known as Chief Hong: I understand what you mean, but you could've said it differently.

Hong Du Sik, also known as Chief Hong: People don't change easily, do they?!

Yoon Hye Jin: Why are you doing this? She doesn't want it.
Hong Du Sik, also known as Chief Hong: No, it's just she can't.
Hong Du Sik, also known as Chief Hong: She's been selfless all her life, so she doesn't know how to take care of herself.
Yoon Hye Jin: So she endures the pain? How selfish of her.
Hong Du Sik, also known as Chief Hong: Selfish? She's the most selfless woman I've ever met. She did everything she could to provide for her kids. And even now, she doesn't want to burden them. Don't you get it?
Yoon Hye Jin: No, I don't understand. It's foolish, and frustrating to watch.
Hong Du Sik, also known as Chief Hong: Why are you so negative?
Yoon Hye Jin: You have no idea what you're talking about. Do you know what it means to be a good parent? It's staying healthy for a long time. They shouldn't endure pain to save money for the sake of their children. They should take care of themselves.

Hong Du Sik, also known as Chief Hong: Someone told me that the best thing a parent can do for their child is staying healthy.

Kim Gam Ri: Of course, eating comes before anything else. Nothing's more important than that.
Yoon Hye Jin: Exactly. If you knew that, how could you ask me to pull your teeth out?

Yoon Hye Jin: Toothaches are truly a pity. It doesn't show, so no one knows but yourself how painful it is.

Kim Gam Ri: On the outside, she's as cold as ice. But she has a soft heart.

Hong Du Sik, also known as Chief Hong: I don't take in anything that's alive.


Episode 04

Yoon Hye Jin: He's always around when you least expect it. So where is he today?!

Pyo Mi Sun: When it's not meant to be, it just isn't.

Yoon Hye Jin: There's nothing wrong with getting a divorce. Just like marriage, it's one of the life choices you make.

Hong Du Sik, also known as Chief Hong: We live in a society. You can't hate being around people.

Yoon Hye Jin: I never get drunk if I can help it.
Hong Du Sik, also known as Chief Hong: Why not?
Yoon Hye Jin: Because I hate it. Being out of it, being vulnerable, being more honest.

Hong Du Sik, also known as Chief Hong: You told me not to cross the line, but you ask so many questions.
Yoon Hye Jin: Ah, right. What's with me today? I'm usually not like this.
Hong Du Sik, also known as Chief Hong: You don't seem to know yourself that well.

Hong Du Sik, also known as Chief Hong: Don't answer if you don't want to.


Episode 05

Yoon Hye Jin: No, thanks. I don't let just any guy pay for my meal.

Yeo Hwa Jeong: Ruining one's reputation with facts is also defamation, got it?

Yoon Hye Jin: Do you like me
Hong Du Sik, also known as Chief Hong: Don't be absurd. How deluded must you be to misinterpret an invitation to a cup of coffee as an "I like you"? Do you have princess syndrome?

Yoon Hye Jin: You know the more similar backgrounds, the better people get along, right? Since they have similar values and lifestyles, they'll clash less.

Hong Du Sik, also known as Chief Hong: Don't be so calculating. Isn't it tiring?

Pyo Mi Sun: Love shouldn't be about weighing things. It's all about what's in your heart.

Hong Du Sik, also known as Chief Hong: We should always lend a hand to others.

Pyo Mi Sun: Stop thinking, and forget about it. Do you know why it's so painful after blacking out? It's because you try so hard to remember everything. What's done is done. Just press delete, forget about everything, and feel at ease.

Jang Yi Joon: Hoe-ja-jeong-ri, Geo-ja-pil-ban. "Those who meet must part, and those who leave must return."

Hong Du Sik, also known as Chief Hong: I just don't want my thoughtless actions to cause any more misunderstanding, such as you thinking I like you.
...
Hong Du Sik, also known as Chief Hong: We sure live in a heartless world, seeing how my small act of kindness was miscontrued as interest.

Yoon Hye Jin: So it's important to find out where the pain is coming from. That way, you can receive proper treatment.

Yoon Hye Jin: Live an honest life. You should reap what you sow.
Yoon Hye Jin: I'm realistic. If there's an input, there ought to be an output.

Hong Du Sik, also known as Chief Hong: You're so narrow-minded. Money and success aren't the only valuable things in life. Happiness, self-contentment, world peace, love...
Hong Du Sik, also known as Chief Hong: Anyway, life isn't a mathematical equation. It doesn't have a clear answer. There's no right answer either. You're just given a problem, and it's up to you how you solve it.

Yeo Hwa Jeong: They say time is fair to everyone, but it seems like I'm the only one who aged.

Hong Du Sik, also known as Chief Hong: You're bound to meet unexpected situations in life.


Episode 06

Yoon Hye Jin: What's it to you? I can take care of myself.

Hong Du Shik, also known as Chief Hong: What she wants to do with her life counts.

Hong Du Shik, also known as Chief Hong: Besides, for two people of the opposite sex to become good friends, we must be able to move past a biological crisis. Which means we've been actually given a chance to actually become true friends.

Oh Ju Ri: It's kind of sad to let him live forever missing a dead person.


Episode 07

Yoon Hye Jin: Watch it. Be careful what you say.

Ji Sung Hyun: I enjoy hanging out with people more than anything else. Eating, laughing, talking together. That's all there is to life, isn't it?

Jo Sung Hyun: They say baseball is a pitcher's game. Good pitchers don't always throw the ball as hard as they can. Sometimes, they save their energy, and control their power so that they can throw at full speed at a crucial moment.


Episode 08

Kang Do Ha: Must he do it himself?
Wang Ji Won: So that he can have others do it, too.

Hong Du Sik, also known as Chief Hong: Surfing is very similar to life. If a good wave comes along, you ride it and slide off it gently. Whether the waves are vicious or stagnant, accept it as it is.

Pyo Mi Seon: They said you should strike the iron while it's hot...


Episode 09

Hong Du Sik, also known as Chief Hong: Women knows what's best, right?

Lee Myung Shin: Times have changed. Don't be so old-fashioned.

Jang Young Gook:
"To the love of my life.
I will never forget you until my very last breath.
I know my chance will never come.
...
Please stay as beautiful as you are."

Yoo Cho Hee: That's a poem by Yi Sang.


Episode 10



Episode 11



Episode 12



Episode 13



Episode 14

Yeo Hwa Jeong: Time sure flies, and it's scary how people connect.

Yeo Hwa Jeong: I guess you can say that he held a blank expression. Like someone who had let go of (lost) everything.

Yeo Hwa Jeong: What may be easy for one person can be something difficult for another person.

Yeo Hwa Jeong: He only learned how to hold himself back. So he doesn't know how to open up to people.

Yoon Hye Jin: Let's take our time, and carefully think this through. About where we should go from here, and what we both want. You get what I mean, right?

Yoon Hye Jin: Technically, it is third molars, but it's also known as wisdom teeth since they emerge when you get wiser about love.

Jang Young Kook: I had no idea back then. I took it for granted, so I didn't realize how precious and rare it was.
Yoo Cho Hee: You don't realize your own feelings until they're seen from a distance.

Jo Nam Sook: He only did what he wanted to do. Don't you know by now that he never does what he doesn't want to? He's timid, but he's totally stubborn.
Jo Nam Sook: Why say something you don't mean?

Jang Young Gook: Only after I lost you was I able to realize what you mean to me.

Ji Sung Hyun: This is the conclusion I came to. It's not over until it's over.

Yoon Hye Jin: I hate it when things are vague. Things that are ambiguous don't sit well with me.

Kim Gam Ri: This kind of relationship isn't easy to come by, so you must do your best not to lose it.


Episode 15

Yeo Hwa Jeong: It's never easy to hide your feelings for someone.

Park Sook Ja: I feel sad that my body is aging while my heart is still young.

Kim Gam Ri: But you see, I like that I'm old.

Kim Gam Ri: Look around yourself closely, and you'll realize that you're surrounded by many precious things.


Episode 16

Hong Du Sik, also known as Chief Hong: This is not my first time, but I can never get used to it.

?: I thought that my mom would stay in my life for a long time. So I kept putting off seeing her because I thought there'd be plenty of chances. But there aren't any left now.

?: When parents pass away, children who regret the most cry the most.

Kim Gam Ri: Du Sik, you should eat. No matter how hard life gets, one should still eat.

Kim Gam Ri: Du Sik, do you still remember what you said to me? You said that the best thing a parent can do for their child is staying healthy.
Kim Gam Ri: It's the same with parents. It tears our heart out when our children are in pain.

Kim Gam Ri: Du Sik, people should live among other people. Life may seem like a burden to you at times, but if you choose to be among others, just like you did for me, someone will carry you on their backs.

Hong Du Sik, also known as Chief Hong: You're finally willing to give it a try though.

Hong Du Sik, also known as Chief Hong: Stop hesitating, or you'll lose our on the chance once again.

Yoon Hye Jin: Well, it doesn't really mattter who does it first. What matters is that we're on the same page.

Ji Sung Hyun: No matter how hard I think about it, eating, playing, and working, I want to do it all with you.

Yoon Hye Jin: I like planning my life ahead, but to the extreme.