31 December 2019

嵐 ARASHI's Diary Voyage Quotes


Title:
  • Arashi's Diary Voyage
  • Voyage
English Title: Arashi's Diary Voyage


Episode 01: 20 Years

相葉雅紀 Aiba Masaki: It might still work out somehow...

二宮和也 Ninomiya Kazunari: If I were given a chance to relive the life I've lived, on reflection, I don't think I would take it. How can I say it? The fact that I can't imagine reliving my life now... that must mean that I really did live it to the fullest. That's what I think. Not that, you know, it's over yet.

櫻井翔 Sakurai Sho: Ultimately, the best we can do is accept and adjust to the outcome.

松本潤 Matsumoto Jun: I wonder if these expressions are unique to Japan. The concepts of transient beauty or of a swan song.

Episode 02: 5x20

櫻井翔 Sakurai Sho: How does it go? "Every man to his trade."

相葉雅紀 Aiba Masaki: Everyday is precious, ever since we made the decision ad the announcement.
相葉雅紀 Aiba Masaki: This, now, the present, the here and now… I want to enjoy it as much as possible.

Episode 03: The Five of Us


Episode 04: Always Together


Episode 05: Thoughts and Feelings

大野智 Ohno Satoshi: To be honest, though the camera is rolling... I was honestly not very happy about it sometimes.

櫻井翔 Sakurai Sho: The whole time, I wanted to make sure that I remembered everything. I especially wanted to remember how much effort was put into doing this. I wanted to remember it forever.
櫻井翔 Sakurai Sho: It's always like that with concert tours, not just with this one. We do the preparations for one or two months. "Okay, let's begin! Let's kick it off on the first day!" The first day is actually the beginning of the end. That's were the countdown begins.

Episode 06: Hiatus

大野智 Ohno Satoshi: I'm not that great with words. I wanted to know if I was saying anything that would be rude.

二宮和也 Ninomiya Kazunari: "What should we do next? Yes, don't worry about it."
二宮和也 Ninomiya Kazunari: If other singers sing it, it may sound kind of negative. But that's not what ARASHI is. Everything that ARASHI sings sounds positive. It's powerful. That's how it felt to me. When the five of us sing it, it makes me feel like, "It'll be alright".
二宮和也 Ninomiya Kazunari: The words "Don't worry about it" means that everything we've done until now will probably open up a way for us in the future.

Episode 07: AIBA's Diary

相葉雅紀 Aiba Masaki: I mean, the whole question of "What kind of person is Aiba Masaki?"... When I was asked that kind of question at first, even I don't know the answer. There were so many sides of me. I'd ask myself, "Which is the real me?"
相葉雅紀 Aiba Masaki: So I figured, the person who knows best was the person who took care of me before I started this work. I think talking to my school teacher would be the fastest way.

?: How can I put it? I think the best way to describe it is that he has an unaffected attitude. Wherever he goes and whoever he meets... Normally, people would be defensive, right? But he has gone many places, and he has been really accepted there. I think people who can see that can really understand him.

相葉雅紀 Aiba Masaki: Even now, most people tell me, "You're so unaffected. You must have had a good education as a child."
相葉雅紀 Aiba Masaki: Well, I always have a good time at work, and I do my job well.
相葉雅紀 Aiba Masaki: I finally realized that it's more difficult to maintain things at a steady level than to climb. From now on, it will be difficult.

?: At any rate, he keeps his routine.

Miyata Keiko: He was an incredibly unaffected boy. But he has an incredible ability to concentrate.
Miyata Keiko: How can I put it? He didn't listen with his mind. He listened with his body. So when I would give directions, "Do this and do that.", most actors would respond with "Okay, I got it." but he was (staring) like this! "Close your mouth." It was as if he was trying to suck in your soul. That's how he listened to the director's instructions.
Miyata Keiko: And he wouldn't take notes so I wondered if he was okay. "There were 30 instructions for him to follow today." I thought, "Will he fix those by tomorrow?" But he did. That really surprised me. I don't know why, but I never complimented him directly about that. It seemed to me that being a pop idol, he couldn't have made it this far without that kind of power of concentration.
Miyata Keiko: He didn't know how to control his emotions. He would cry so hard every day (in his role) that he would hyperventilate. I mean, I was really worried about him. I knew he was acting, but for him thee was no difference between them (acting and reality).

相葉雅紀 Aiba Masaki: Your real self comes out when you're under pressure.

相葉雅紀 Aiba Masaki: Well, we announced our hiatus. Probably, after that, I'll be starting from scratch. I'm afraid. I have no idea what's going to happen.
Miyata Keiko: You know, until now, you've explored a wide variety of genres in your work. You've been involved in a tremendously wide variety of fields. It's really interesting.
相葉雅紀 Aiba Masaki: Yes, it has been. It is really interesting.
Miyata Keiko: Sometimes, I think, since you can do so many things, you should try many things. That's what I think.

相葉雅紀 Aiba Masaki: I'm not sure if I've changed... I haven't noticed if I did.
相葉雅紀 Aiba Masaki: But I can't tell myself. Totally. I'm always told that. Even now. "What kind of person is Aiba Masaki?" I don't know. When I thought about why I don't know... Since I was a kid, since I was in middle school, I was put into this world of adults, experienced lots of things, and suppressed lots of feelings.
...
相葉雅紀 Aiba Masaki: "In this situation, I should do this. Then why don't I do this? I should do this." There so many things like that, so I couldn't tell what my own true feelings were.
?: I think I pretty much understand what you're trying to say.
?: People who see you naturally become gentle and kind. The words 'genial' and 'amiable' describe you perfectly. You make people feel kind.

相葉雅紀 Aiba Masaki: I wouldn't tell you when things are really bad.
?: When you're putting up with difficulty...
相葉雅紀 Aiba Masaki: I tell you after it's over. I need to built up my heart little by little. When I'm building it up, I don't want anyone to tell me anything.
?: That's where you're stubborn.

相葉雅紀 Aiba Masaki: When I thought about who I am, I have many kinds of feelings and many sides. I've repressed so many things; so many things have come from me. All these things have happened to me.
相葉雅紀 Aiba Masaki: I realized something. I'm blessed with friends and acquaintances.

Episode 08: SHO's Diary

櫻井翔 Sakurai Sho: They're like childhood friends to me, and hometown pals. But now, they're some kind of business partners.

Episode 09: April 2020


Episode 10: Storming the World Stage

相葉雅紀 Aiba Masaki: In our last year, it's not like ARASHI is going to take the world by storm, but we were asked if we'd like to try to become known internationally this year. I thought it would be amazing if we could do that.

二宮和也 Ninomiya Kazunari: I would like to do something that people will want to see again. You see, what I'd really like to emphasize is that we're not breaking up. This is a hiatus, although an indefinite one. But the idea that you may not see us anymore or that this is the end, I want to eliminate the uneasiness about that happening. We can't stop. We'll keep on working.

松本潤 Matsumoto Jun: Until the end, when we go on hiatus in 2020, I wanted to take on a new challenge and focus on that. Considering the future of ARASHI after 2020 and considering each of the members of ARASHI as a whole, I think this is the best choice.
松本潤 Matsumoto Jun: It's always been this way. When I say, "I don't know if there's a way, but let's try this", not a single member has ever said, "No, I want to stop here".
松本潤 Matsumoto Jun: There could be some kind of harm up ahead on this road. But personally, to be able to share that experience together is attractive to me.

大野智 Ohno Satoshi: The idea of wanting the world to see ARASHI, I'm definitely on board with that. But that's all I want to do.
大野智 Ohno Satoshi: Sho and Jun asked me, they said what they were thinking about doing in a little under two years until going on hiatus, "Do you think you can go along with that?" They asked me several times. They're worried about me, But I've made up my mind to work hard until the end, so I told them, "No matter what happens, I've decided I'll definitely do it. Don't worry.

櫻井翔 Sakurai Sho: In super-hip terms, I want to create a legend. In more proper words, I hope we can make music that remains with people and make them say, "ARASHI was good".
櫻井翔 Sakurai Sho: I don't want to be stingy. "Maybe I should save this for when we get back together someday." I don't want to do that. I'm sure we'll have something by then. I'll regret it if I don't get it all out now.

相葉雅紀 Aiba Masaki: Rather than not taking the chance and regretting it, it's better to try and fail.
相葉雅紀 Aiba Masaki: You know, it's really a very tough and challenging thing we're trying, but we're all focused on it. That's what makes me the happiest.

櫻井翔 Sakurai Sho: Being able to take on a challenge is really very exciting. To me, it's like, "We're transcending our borders, we're expanding our horizons, ARASHI will take on the world!". It's the excitement of taking on a challenge where we're going for it all, even if we fail. I'd hate to fail though.

二宮和也 Ninomiya Kazunari: When it comes to the future, we can think about that when the time comes.
二宮和也 Ninomiya Kazunari: We need to do what we can now, to all work together and succeed. That's what I want.

相葉雅紀 Aiba Masaki: I think we can succeed if we do it all together.
相葉雅紀 Aiba Masaki: But I've also thought that there are many opinions about it. "Since it's our last year, can we really go that far?"

大野智 Ohno Satoshi: We are a group that's always thinking about trying new things. That's one of the reasons why we're taking on this challenge. It's new to all of us.

松本潤 Matsumoto Jun: We just have to try it... We just have to try it.

Episode 11: Turning Up


Episode 12: Into the Digital Age


Episode 13: November 2019


Episode 14: 5x20 Tour Final


Episode 15: 2020


Episode 16: Ohno's Diary


Episode 17: The Lead-Up to ARAFES 2020