23 March 2013

最高の離婚 Saikō no Rikon Quotes


Title: 最高の離婚 Saikō no Rikon
English Title:
  • Best Divorce
  • Matrimonial Chaos
  • The Great Divorce




Episode 01: So much pain and suffering. Marriage is like being tortured for a long long time.

Hamasaki Aiko: ... When we women fall in love, we end up forgiving all their faults... But men are the opposite. When they fall in love, they begin searching for the woman's faults. While women forgive when they fall in love, men stop forgiving when they fall in love.

Hamasaki Mitsuo: Marriage is '3D': dasan (selfishness), dakyo (compromise), and dasei (habit).


Episode 02: If only you would just drop dead.

Hoshino Yuka, also known as Hamasaki Yuka: Divorce doesn't just split the couple, but the families as well.

Kono Akari, also known as Uehara Akari: It's hard to comprehend, right?
Hamasaki Mitsuo: Well, honestly yes.
Kono Akari, also known as Uehara Akari: I hadn't thought like that before, but I realized that I had told myself to find love before. Sometimes I even convinced myself to like a person. This was the first time I thought to myself that love isn't something you look for, but rather something that you just fall into.

Hamasaki Mitsuo: You know how they say, "Men will always repeat their mistakes"?

Hamasaki Mitsuo: You do know what he is doing right now, don't you?
Kono Akari, also known as Uehara Akari: He has no ill intentions.
Hamasaki Mitsuo: What do you mean 'no ill intentions'?
Kono Akari, also known as Uehara Akari: It's like he isn't even conscious of his actions.
Hamasaki Mitsuo: He'd have to be out cold to not know what he's doing!

Kono Akari, also known as Uehara Akari: Even after ten years, you still don't understand. I don't have a single good memory of you. When we broke up, I thought, "I hope he dies!". "This man should go die!", is what I thought. I won't have you selfishly calling them 'good' memories.


Episode 03: The other couple's secret and truth.

Kono Akari, also known as Uehara Akari: I believe the most important thing in life is the ability to make distinctions.


Episode 04: Why don't you just admit it already!? I've already come to realize this a long time ago!? You don't love me! You only love yourself!

Hatsushima Junnosuke: Well, isn't that the case? Both marriage and divorce are done in the pursuit of happiness.

Hoshino Yuka, also known as Hamasaki Yuka: Bringing up the fact that you don't care yourself, means that you do care, right?

Hoshino Yuka, also known as Hamasaki Yuka: The person who you think of first; the people you think of first are your family!


Episode 05: No, I'm not ever gonna say that you shouldn't cheat on others. Every guy feels that way one way or another. If I could, I would cheat!

Hamasaki Mitsuo: She said she didn't want to go, right?
Hoshino Yuka, also known as Hamasaki Yuka: You don't understand at all, do you? She didn't she say that she doesn't want to go because she doesn't want to go.
Hamasaki Mitsuo: Eh, what does that mean?
Hoshino Yuka, also known as Hamasaki Yuka: Saying that she doesn't want to go, means that she wants to go.
Hamasaki Mitsuo: What the hell? Is that some kind of female code?

Kono Akari, also known as Uehara Akari: You know how liking and disliking someone is different from wanting marriage?! So I was wondering if it's the same with divorce.


Episode 06: Because men are childish, women end up like this. In the end, a wife has two choices, becoming a strict wife or a crying wife. It's so stupid. Being a husband and wife is such a joke.

Hatsushima Junnosuke: I read old manga too. I played basketball when I was a kid, so I love Slam Dunk. That one has some epic lines.
Hoshino Yuka, also known as Hamasaki Yuka: "If you give up, the game ends right there."
Hatsushima Junnosuke: Right? Right? Sounds so cool.
Hamasaki Mitsuo: Really now? I know people say that, but the game really doesn't end until the time runs out.
Hoshino Yuka, also known as Hamasaki Yuka: If you say that...
Hamasaki Mitsuo: If you give up, it doesn't end. Even if you give up really hard, nothing ends.

Kono Akari, also known as Uehara Akari: Mitsuo, you told me this once...
Hamasaki Mitsuo: What?
Kono Akari, also known as Uehara Akari: "People who keep asking if someone is doing alright are annoying as hell! Some people live their entire lives in a state of not doing alright. Here I am, content with my sub-par life, and some annoying jackass asks me if I'm doing okay!" You used to say that, right?
Hamasaki Mitsuo: I don't remember, but it sounds like something I would say.

Hamasaki Mitsuo: If people keep ignoring each other's problems, society won't survive.

Kono Akari, also known as Uehara Akari: It felt like I lost, saying things like, "stop cheating or stop lying." Losers are the first to begin suggesting that others do the right thing. All they ever say is what is right!
Kono Akari, also known as Uehara Akari: Constantly having to repeat the obvious makes you feel like an idiot!
Hoshino Yuka, also known as Hamasaki Yuka: I understand.
Hamasaki Mitsuo: What are you saying?
Hoshino Yuka, also known as Hamasaki Yuka: Idiotically, you feel embarrassed. When you are saying such obvious things, you feel idiotic.
Kono Akari, also known as Uehara Akari: Yeah.
Hoshino Yuka, also known as Hamasaki Yuka: It's because men... you guys are children! Because men act like children, women are reduced to this. There are only two types of married women: demon wives or crying wives.
Kono Akari, also known as Uehara Akari: Yeah.
Hoshino Yuka, also known as Hamasaki Yuka: It's stupid. Marriage is a farce!
Kono Akari, also known as Uehara Akari: Yeah. This all happens because people get married. We should all just live on our own.


Episode 07: Even though I was the one who decided to break this off, I can't help but feel a bit lonely. But one day if I ever wanna see you, or if I ever want to talk to you...

Seta Tomoyo: They often say, "People get married because they lack good judgement. People get divorced because they lack endurance."
...
Seta Tsuguo: Additionally, "People get remarried because they lack memory."

Hamasaki Aiko: Important things often come after the fact.

Hoshino Yuka, also known as Hamasaki Yuka: People who use it and people who don't use it are way different. If we were talking about drawing with colored pencils, it's like me using eight colors and you using all twenty-four colors.


Episode 08: Going out on the town, taking initiative and talking to someone you happen to meet, wanting to sleep with just anyone, What if you become that type of person?... Why not? Shall we sleep with each other just this once?



Episode 09: I don't think that divorce is the worst-case scenario. I think that it's the worst thing to be with someone you have no love or expectation for. The next time you marry, I hope that it is for the absolute best.

Kono Akari, also known as Uehara Akari: How could you criticize him? You alone are in the right, and you ignore your own faults. Don't you think that you are equally inconsiderate?
Hamasaki Mitsu: No.
Kono Akari, also known as Uehara Akari: ... is all a bunch of logic that women wouldn't listen to anyways. It's just like adding oil to a fire. She's only going to freak out more.

Uehara Ryo: I don't think divorce is the worst possible outcome.
Hamasaki Mitsu: It is the worst, isn't it?
Uehara Ryo: The worst isn't divorce, but rather two people who are only married in name. When you have no love and no expectations for your partner, that is when you are truly unhappy. You didn't end up that way. From that perspective, divorce isn't that bad.


Episode 10: Why don't you just become the child's father?! Isn't that the best way to get around the problem It's not so much about the responsibility per se but shouldn't you look after them?

Hamasaki Mitsuo: Eh? When a woman says she'll call you later, they don't actually mean to call you, do they?

Kono Akari, also known as Uehara Akari: I have no feelings for him, but we are getting married. I don't trust him, but we're getting married.
Hamasaki Mitsuo: I'm having a little trouble following.
Kono Akari, also known as Uehara Akari: There's a child between us now.
Hamasaki Mitsuo: Yes.
Kono Akari, also known as Uehara Akari: I decided to marry him; I've made the sensible choice.

Kono Akari, also known as Uehara Akari: People never change. We're not teenagers anymore; we are who we are right now. People thinking they can change themselves are like borrowing money. You have to work with what you have.


Episode 11: To be honest, it's so hard. I thought that marriage was a torture, but I was wrong. Marriage is like a food chain. I just shut up and wait to be eaten. Oh so much pain and suffering. It's four times harder.

Hamasaki Mitsuo: Constantly thinking the worst won't do any good.