01 February 2011

Lie to Me (Season 03) Quotes


Title: Lie to Me



SE03E01 In the Red

Gillian Foster: Eli Loker, I hear your concern, and I get where you're coming from, but please just do as I ask.
Eli Loker: Ask? You mean tell.
Gillian Foster: I knew you understood.

S03E02 The Royal We

Candice McCallister: My pageant's about to go up in flames.
Cal Lightman: Down in flames, up in smoke.

Cal Lightman: Do you know how to create a disturbed personality? Constant criticism and lack of affection. Works like a charm, that does.

S03E03 Dirty Loyal

Ria Torres: Do you know what changed blindness is Mrs. Phillips?
Mrs. Phillips: Changed what?
Charles ?: Changed blindness. We see what we anticipate we're going to see, even if it changes. The brain doesn't react to the change.

Cal Lightman: The muscles in your cheek, relax them. No, no, hands down. You cover your mouth, you give yourself away.
Sharon Wallowski: You know, if you teach me how to lie, you might never be able to trust me.

S03E04 Double Blind

Cal Lightman: Did you look up those two butterflies that I told you about, the monarch and the viceroy? Did you look them up?
Eli Loker: Oh yeah. Yeah, they're nearly identical. A predator can't tell the difference between them. All he knows is one of them's toxic, so he leaves them both alone.

Cal Lightman: Well, all I knew was, that like most beautiful things, you wanted to be seen.

S03E06 Beyond Belief

Cal Lightman: You want to know why you get on my nerves? I'm going to tell you anyway. Although I don't see any lies on your face; also, I can't see any truth.

S02E10 Rebound

Cal Lightman: Well, science, right, like many other things in life, is open to interpretation.