25 January 2011

Country Strong


Title: Country Strong
Country: United States of America
Language: English
Year: 2010
Cast:
  • Gwyneth Paltrow
  • Tim McGraw
  • Garreth Hedlund
  • Leighton Meester
  • Jeremy Childs



SYNOPSIS
Leighton Meester - Summer Girl
Gwyneth Paltrow - Shake that Thing
A rising country music songwriter and hopeful singer work with a fallen star to work their way fame, causing romantic complications along the way.



REVIEW
Garth Brooks - Friends in Low Places
Leighton Meester - A Little Bit Stronger
Leighton Meester - Words I Couldn't Say
Country Strong is a fascinating movie about country music. I think I could be interested in country music, I mean I like the country songs that manage to top the charts, but I unfortunately haven't had an extensive exposure to country music.

To be honest, I really just watched it for actress Leighton Meester. I knew the actress could sing but she released songs that I didn't particularly like before, so she still managed to impress me for singing well in the movie. Her song Summer Girl has substandard lyrics but I still love it.

The only character I like in Country Strong is Chiles Stanton, and it's not necessarily because I like the actress that portrayed her. I just didn't understand all the other characters in the movie, and their choices and actions just baffled me endlessly.




###
Country Strong