24 July 2008

क़िस्मत कनेक्शन Kismat Konnection


Title: क़िस्मत कनेक्शन Kismat Konnection
English Title: Connection of Fate
Country: India
Language: Hindi
Year: 2008
Cast:
  • शाहिद कपूर Shahid Kapoor
  • Vidya Balan
  • जूही चावला Juhi Chawla



SYNOPSIS
क़िस्मत कनेक्शन Kismat Konnection (Soundtrack) - Soniye Ve
Raj Malhotra graduated with top honors from college and he seems to have a very promising future. However, he appears to have the worst luck after he graduated; he can't seem to find clients and projects for his architectural firm. Wishing to reverse his fortune, Raj consults a gypsy named Haseena Bano Jann and she tells him that he needs a lucky charm or person who will bring him all the luck at work.

Although skeptical, Raj begins to believe the gypsy's words when he meets Priya and she inadvertently helps him find work opportunities. In order to keep his lucky charm close, Raj befriends Priya and tries to get in her good graces, even if he has to lie to her in order to do so.



REVIEW
Kismat Konnection is a typical romantic comedy: a man and a woman meet under unfortunate circumstances which lead them to hate each other but their paths keep crossing with each other and they eventually fall in love.

Raj Malhotra is a very unlucky person and according to a gypsy, he will meet a very special person who will become his lucky charm and will make him the complete opposite. I'm not sure I buy into the concept mainly because it's saddening to think that he will remain unfortunate if he did not meet Priya.

I wonder if luck is really a big factor when achieving success. Many successful people do attribute much of their success to luck such as in finding the right business opportunities and in meeting the right business partners.

What I do find interesting in the movie is how Raj seemed destined for success in so many ways but he is not. Before, I would have thought it is a surreal concept and I would have insisted that it is not possible, but I think now I know better. Unfortunately, I now know that what happened with Raj does happen in real life.

I think Raj's situation in the movie is exaggerated for entertainment purposes, but I don't think he is a minority. A lot of people who seem destined for success will still face many challenges and struggles. Perhaps in their case, achieving success is much harder because they are held against higher standards and people have higher expectations.

I used to watch Bollywood films a few years ago and when I noticed that it's been quite a while since I watched Bollywood films, I decided to look for good films to watch. While I was doing some research online, I found a streaming video of a song and dance production from this movie,which led me to this movie.

I really like the movie's soundtrack; the ballads are soothing and the dance tracks have good beats. I don't understand Hindi though so it's going to take a while for me to find the song titles, the artists, and other songs by said artists.




###
क़िस्मत कनेक्शन Kismat Konnection