01 April 2008

ハチミツとクローバー Hachimitsu to Clover Quotes


Title: ハチミツとクローバー Hachimitsu to Kurōbā (Clover)
English Title: Honey and Clover




Episode 01

Takemoto Yūta: It is said that spring is the season for beginnings...

Morita Shinobu: Records exist to be broken.

Morita Shinobu: I'll turn impossibilities into possibilities!

Hanamoto Shuji: Take it slow... Take everything slowly.

Morita Shinobu: When you see people like Mayama Takumi, don't you think the happier ones are those who are willing to give up anything for something they want to obtain?
Morita Shinobu: ... But you know, this world was made so those people can't get what they want.

Takemoto Yūta: Why must people chase after things that are impossible to reach? Why must people continue to walk forward while following a goal they can't see?
Takemoto Yūta: I don't know the reason why. However, there is just one thing which is certain. I was the one who chose a spring where nothing began and nothing changed.

Yamada Ayumi: Morita Shinobu, you don't care about causing trouble to others?
Morita Shinobu: If I spent time worrying about other people, I can't enjoy life, can I?
Yamada Ayumi: But I think there's something called a limit.
Morita Shinobu: The limit is different for each person, so according to my ruler, I'm completely okay.

Mayama Takumi: Takemoto Yūta, you can do well too when you really try.

Yamada Ayumi: How have you lived without it all this time?

Takemoto Yūta: Time won't stop for us.


Episode 02

Takemoto Yūta: I'm a man who's very good at making use of last chances.

Takemoto Yūta: In this world, not everyone can get what they want, right?

Yamada Ayumi: Even for something you like, sometimes it's exhausting to keep doing it, right?
Hanamoto Hagumi, also known as Hagu: I haven't thought about it. I've never thought about giving it up.
Yamada Ayumi: I see. If you really like it, that's how it is, huh?

Takemoto Yūta: Even though it's right in front of you, there's something that you can't have. No matter how much you stretch your hand out, there's something that you can never touch.
Takemoto Yūta: Even though you can't obtain it, is there a light at the end of the path if you continue to search? ... Even if your wish didn't come true, is there a small bit of happiness waiting somewhere?

Morita Shinobu: As long as you live, participating with everyone is your duty.


Episode 03

Yamada Daigoro: If you don't get rid of the bad part, a new one won't grow.

Hananomoto Shuji: Takemoto Yūta, there's no job in this world that isn't difficult.

Lohmeyer ?: Whether or not you believe the voice of others is your choice. That is the most difficult part...

Yamada Daigoro: Fireworks are not fun at all if you're watching it by yourself. Fireworks disappear right away, that's why it's something to see with your friends. Even if you forget the colors and shapes of the fireworks, you will always remember the faces of the people next to you.

Takemoto Yūta: When I was young, I honestly didn't get why so many people gathered to see fireworks, which disappeared right away. I don't actually remember which ones were pretty or which ones were amazing... However, even if I don't remember the colors and shapes of the fireworks, I can still remember exactly the people I was with on that day.
Takemoto Yūta: Because it's the time you spend with someone important to you, that day becomes an unforgettable memory.


Episode 04

Nomiya Takumi: Do you know? The ancient proverb "you cannot get both the fish and the paw" is false. Originally, it was supposed to be "those who do not wish for the fish or the paw, loses both".

Nomiya Takumi: No matter what it is, w have to be quick.

Nomiya Takumi: What is this? Did your friend make it?
Mayama Takumi: Yes.
Nomiya Takumi: Is this friend a boy or a girl?
Mayama Takumi: Does that matter?
Nomiya Takumi: Of course it matters. It depends on what feelings that person has for you.

Mayama Takumi: In reality, those people who look happy have endured a lot in order to receive that happiness.
Mayama Takumi: I always feel that if I don't take it with my own hands, I won't be able to grasp onto what I want.

Nomiya Takumi: Why do all women in the world become so greedy during Christmas season? What's so great about receiving bags and jewelry that everyone else has?
Teshigawara Miwako: Because we don't want to feel left out. Look, birthdays and anniversaries, everyone celebrates it on different days. But Christmas is everyone's holiday, no?
Teshigawara Miwako: Perhaps it doesn't matter what we get, we only want to know that someone is thinking of us by picking out a present especially for us. The our hearts will feel very secure. That emotional feeling, you don't cherish it until you lose it.

Hananomoto Shuji: The barrier within yourself can only be overcome alone.


Episode 05

Harada Rika: When I lost motivation to work, someone said, "No matter what, work through three years first."

Mayama Takumi: Live your life without regrets.


Episode 06

Hanamoto Shuji: But people who can do what they love at a job is one in a million. And among those people, the ones who can do what they really want is even less.

Mayama Takumi: Among just the people here in Japan, it's pretty amazing that you're needed by someone else, don't you think? It's not that simple to be needed by someone.

Harada Rika: I wonder why we forget. Even the things we don't want to forget, even the things we want to think about forever, will all disappear along with time, right?

Mayama Takumi: What must I do in order to become an adult? How do I become someone who is able to support another person? How?! How?!

Takemoto Yūta: When humans stand at a crossroad in life, I wonder how they see the right path to take. I wonder if you'll realize it if you continue to search.


Episode 07

Lohmeyer ?: The most talented people are people with clear goals.

Morita Shinobu: How would you know if you never tried?
...
Morita Shinobu: How would you know if you don't try?

Morita Shinobu: Humans can only do two things in front of a goal; work hard or give up.

Mayama Takumi: Dogs don't show their stomachs before they really get close to someone, right?

Takemoto Yūta: Crying from the pain of aspiring for something or crying from having nothing to aspire for; I wonder which is more difficult.


Episode 08

Takemoto Yūta: When I was young, while riding my bike, I suddenly though, "If I was to ride like this forever, how far will I go? If I continue on like this, where will I be? The place that I reach, what will it look like?"

Takemoto Yūta: That thing that I am looking for, where is it? If I continue to fight for it, will I be able to own it?

Takemoto Yūta: I am no longer afraid of having no destination. I don't know what will be at the end of this journey; there might be nothing. I still think that's okay. But for now, I am going to move forward. That's what I thought.


Episode 09



Episode 10

Mayama Takumi: It's okay to reminisce about the past. But please try to properly live in the present as well.

Nomiya Takumi: You shouldn't be afraid to confront her; that will only hurt her more. It is enough for you to be with her silently. Isn't that what friends are for?

Nomiya Takumi: If you purposely avoid the situation because you think you can't do anything, it will only cause regret in the future.


Episode 11