Title: 本棚食堂 Hondana Shokudō
- Bookshelf Cafeteria
- Bookshelf Restaurant
- 中村蒼 Nakamura Aoi
- 柄本時生 Emoto Tokio
- 山下リオ Yamashita Rio
- 遊井亮子 Yui Ryoko
- 逢沢りな Aizawa Rina
- マキタスポーツ Makita Supōtsu (Sports)
- 佐藤めぐみ Sato Megumi
- 寺島咲 Terashima Saki
- 恒吉梨絵 Tsuneyoshi Rie
Sanada Nishiki and Yamada Jiro are the writing duo behind the pen name Himekawa Rosanna and they have written a lot of popular shōjo manga, including their current work Awkward Moment. Nishiki is in-charge of the male characters, whereas Jiro handles the female characters.
Whenever they are pressured by their overbearing editor Sakurada Miki and looming deadlines, Nishiki and Jiro escape to their extensive private library. They scan a few publications that feature sumptuous dishes that they end up cooking and eating.
Hondana Shokudō is an entertaining drama about food and cooking. In particular, it is about dishes that are featured in Japanese publications such as novels, manga, and essays.
I'm surprised that there are people like Sanada Nishiki and Yamada Jiro who are into making meals featured in books because I think the recipes are not detailed enough, such as quantity of ingredients and duration of cooking time.
Nishiki cooked a meal from the Osen: Matto o Uketsugi Tsunagu gourmet manga about Japanese traditional food. The manga was already adapted into a drama, and おせん Osen is one of my favorite dramas of all time. The dish kaki no suri nagashi tororo-jiru (ground up oyster and yam soup) was also featured in the drama.
Nishiki also cooked something from Hana no Zubora Meshi gourmet manga about a housewife who makes meals that are easy to make. It was also adapted into a drama, and tōfu mentaiko batā (butter) donburi (tofu cod butter rice bowl) is also featured in it. I liked that 花のズボラ飯 Hana no Zubora Meshi clearly presented the ingredients and cooking method for the featured dishes.
I think it's fascinating how Nishiki and Jiro wanted to make gourmet manga and they both love cooking, but they're not talented enough to draw food. They are quite successful making shōjo manga, but they still long for the day that they get to work on something they really love.
Anyway, I'm going to list down the titles and authors that was featured in the drama just because I might possibly want to read some of these books sometime in the future...
本棚食堂 Hondana Shokudō Book List:
Episode 01: Horror Meals
Episode 02: Pasta
- Hana China by Nishi Yuji and Hikino Shinji
- Diner by Hireyama Yumeaki
- Majo no Soup ~Nokoru wa Shokuyoku~ by Agawa Sawako
Episode 03: Manly Meals
- Ore, Rifure (Ref) by Hikita Kunio
- Murakami Ryu: Ryori Shosetsu-shu by Murakami Ryu
- Fami Resu (Family Resaurant) by Shigematsu Kiyoshi
- Machi no Arabesuku (Arabesque) by Atoda Takashi
Episode 04: Longing for Gourmet Manga
- Gokudo Meshi by Tsuchiyama Shigeru
- Yoru wo Machinagara by Kitakata Kenzo
- Jidaiya no Nyobo by Mutamatsu Tomomi
Episode 05: Mystery Solving Meals
- Kukking (Cooking) Papa by Ueyama Tochi
- Oishinbo by Kariya Tetsu and Hanasaki Akira
- Doka Cook by Watanabe Yasuhiro
- Osen: Matto o Uketsugi Tsunagu by Kikuchi Shota
Episode 06: Women's Meals Volume
- Lady Joker by Takamura Kaoru
- Terrorist's Parasol by Fujiwara Iori
- Gurume (Gourmet) Tantei Ryōji by Kato Tadashi
Episode 07: Midnight Snacks Volume
- Chūbō Girl by Inoue Naoto
- Chicchi to Ko by Ishida Ira
- Hana no Zubora Meshi by Mizusawa Etsuko
- Ohana Horohoro by Torino Shiro
Episode 08: Final Green Onion Meals Volume
- Kagami no Hana by Michio Shusuke
- Yōkai Apāto no Yūgana Nichijō 3-Kan by Kōzuki Hinowa
- Mangetsu Ketchup Rice by Shukawa Minato
- Sanī Saido Eggu (Sunny Side Egg) by Ogiwara Hiroshi
- Hotaru Zaka by Kitamori Hiroko
- Dakara Boku wa, Ryōri o Tsukuru by Kasahara Masahiro
本棚食堂 Hondana Shokudō (2014)
本棚食堂 Honda Shokudō