24 March 2015

デート Date Quotes


Title:
  • デート Dēto (Date)
  • デート 恋とはどんなものかしら Dēto (Date): Koi to wa Donna Mono Kashira
English Title:
  • Date
  • Date: What's It Like to Be In Love?




Episode 01

Taniguchi Takumi: "When I'm sad, I go look at the sea. When I'm alone at night, I go look at the sea too". (Terayama Shuji)

Shimada Sotaro: A man can persevere when he finds the woman he loves.

Yabushita Yoriko: Effort is the key to everything.

Taniguchi Takumi: Just pretend I'm having fun, right? The world is a stage, after all. People are all actors.
Taniguchi Takumi: "To be alive, ah, what an intolerable great undertaking that leaves you gasping." by Dazai Osamu

Taniguchi Takumi: "This thing called love is merely an expression used to romanticize sexual desire." That's what Akutagawa Ryunosuke said too.

Taniguchi Takumi: The French philosopher Michel de Montaigne said, "Marriage brought about from looks or passion is more likely to fail. The rush of rapture serves no purpose whatsoever."


Episode 02

Taniguchi Takumi: "Even hardship, once it's passed, can be sweet." By Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Yabushita Yoriko: The shortcut to proficiency is by emulating the experts.


Episode 03

Taniguchi Takumi: "Living itself is the source of sin." by Dazai Osamu

Yabushita Yoriko: Statistically, the odds of marrying under favorable terms tend to decline rapidly once a woman reaches 30.

Yabushita Yoriko: Once I establish a goal, I can't give up after one or two failures. I should give it my best effort in order to achieve that goal.

Taniguchi Takumi: "Life is to live in solitude." by Hermann Hesse

Taniguchi Takumi: "To live alone is the fate of all great souls." by Arthur Schopenhauer

?: There are different cases, but many people fall ill psychologically after suffering major setbacks... And once they drop out of society, it's not easy to go back.

Washio Yutaka: Earlier, when you asked me about the type of woman I like and I was describing her, a certain person's face spontaneously came to my mind. I wasn't conscious of it at all so I'm surprised myself, but that person's face came to my mind.

Shimada Sotaro: I guess, when there's a will, there's a way.

Yabushita Yoriko: How did you become an educated idler? What happened to you?


Episode 04



Episode 05



Episode 06

Taniguchi Takumi: "Life is more hellish than hell itself." by Akutagawa Ryunosuke


Episode 07

Washio Yutaka: It's not that Takumi likes Yoriko. He just wants to get married to sustain his lifestyle, so it doesn't matter who he marries. It can even be you. Why are you supporting those two when you know that?
Shimada Kaori: The answer is simple. It's because he doesn't particularly like me.
Shimada Kaori: I want to be loved. No matter how much I like him, if he doesn't feel the same way, I'll just be miserable being with him.

Taniguchi Tsutomu: It's not strange at all that she thought about making preparations to close out her life. As a matter of fact, it's a natural thing to do. Actually, the same goes for you, young folks, too. We never know when something might happen. The life we have today may not be here tomorrow. Being prepared so that you're ready whenever your time comes, I think we all need to do that.


Episode 08

Washio Yutaka: Confessing your feelings won't necessarily get you anywhere.


Episode 09

Taniguchi Takumi: "Don't think, feel." by Bruce Lee

Taniguchi Takumi: "Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction." by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Washio Yutaka: Although I hate to say this, I'll back out if that's what you want. Because true love means wishing for that person's happiness.


Episode 10

Yabushita Sayoko: "All are numbers." Those are the words of Pythagoras. Everything in this world is composed of numbers. No matter how complex and unorganized something may appear at first, there's a law of nature that can be applied, and it can be expressed in a mathematical formula.

Yabushita Yoriko: I thought happiness came naturally once one fell in love. But apparently, that's not the case...
Yabushita Yoriko: "Even if it's agonizing, even if you're miserable, if you're not with that person, life has no meaning. Maybe that's what love is." by Yabushita Yoriko