20 December 2012

ピン女のメリークリスマス Pinjo no Merry Christmas Quotes


Title: ピン女のメリークリスマス Pinjo no Merī Kurisumasu (Merry Christmas)
English Title: A Lone Girl's Merry Christmas




Episode 01

Matsubara Kaede: I would like to fall in love with a man who is like stationery. Whenever I say this aloud, people scratch their heads. But ever since the day I fell in love with my white crayon, since it was the only one in a pack of twelve colors that didn't get any shorter, stationery has been the one thing I love unconditionally.

Irie Wataru: No, you shouldn't do what you like for a living.

Matsubara Kaede: If I were to compare us to a 12-piece set of crayons... Irie Wataru would be green; not the first to be chosen, forever on the second or third place. Hirosawa Akari would be pink; not a favorite for everyone, but there is always someone bound to like her best. Yajima Rinko is gray; hard to handle so most people skip her over. And then, me... what color would I be?

Hirosawa Akari: Neighborhood love.
Matsubara Kaede: Neighborhood?
Hirosawa Akari: You try to reach somewhere far beyond but in the end, you find someone near you that you have known for ages.
Matsubara Kaede: As some compromise?

Yajima Rinko: If you don't believe in the words yourself, how can you hope the customers will fall for them?

Matsubara Kaede: Of course I want to fall in love, every minute. But I don't meet anyone.
Yajima Rinko: You should go somewhere new, try to widen your strike zone.
Matsubara Kaede: What do you mean?
Yajima Rinko: Like going to a gym or gokon (matchmaking parties) or club meetings.
Matsubara Kaede: But I don't like to talk to strangers or eat with them. It's tiresome.
Yajima Rinko: Meeting new people is exactly that, talking to strangers.

Matsubara Kaede: In work, you might be evaluated for your efforts... but not in love.
Irie Wataru: You're too serious when you don't need to be.
Matsubara Kaede: What's wrong with that? I'm serious.

Matsubara Kaede: But you can't force love, can you? When the time comes...
Yajima Rinko: When will it come? Next year? In five years? In ten years?
Matsubara Kaede: I don't know.
Irie Wataru: Wait! This conversation started because you need love to do your work.
Hirosawa Akari: Right! The time is now.
Irie Wataru: Now!

Hirosawa Akari: Kaede, you need to change your address...
Matsubara Kaede: Eh?
Hirosawa Akari: Your current address sounds boyish and makes you sound boring.
Matsubara Kaede: Why?
Yajima Rinko: 'matsu123456'. How did you come up with an address this lame?!
Matsubara Kaede: Nobody cares! They all forget it after they input it to their phones.
Yajima Rinko: No, no, no! People actually care. Like, if it contains your initials or birthdays...
Hirosawa Akari: People who use their own birthday are all egoists.
...
Yajima Rinko: Let's think of a casual address that will bring out your personality but won't be too stupid.

Yajima Rinko: You're saying you want to fall in love but in reality you don't really want to get committed.
Matsubara Kaede: That's not true! I'm careful, because I know dating a person who is so different than me will only end in a break-up.
Yajima Rinko: Why do you decide it will go wrong right from the start? You're the one who's wrong. You are only looking for excuses, Kaede. You want to say "he's not the one" so badly that's why you look for his bad sides, aren't you?
Matsubara Kaede: No.
Yajima Rinko: Kaede, who are you fooling? Us? Or yourself? You will never find love if you act like that!

Matsubara Kaede: How do you fall in love? I can't recall how to do it. I might have totally lost the ability to.

Yajima Rinko: If the perfect guy turned out to be not good... should we try the opposite?


Episode 02

Matsubara Kaede: If I were to compare my ideal man to a stationery, he'd be an eraser. An eraser embraces all your failures and mistakes. It may seem plain, but it is a gentle and kind fellow. I'd like to meet such a person.
Matsubara Kaede: Well, he doesn't need to be that perfect. I'd settle for a pencil or a fountain pen. If only he'd stood by me and made me feel loved, I'd be happy.

Matsubara Kaede: When you're in your 20s, it's neither the experience nor technique that counts. The love you have for something is your strongest virtue.

Hirosawa Akari: The fastest and the slowest are the ones that count.


Episode 03

Matsubara Kaede: The relationship of paper and pen resembles love. The best pen, known around the world for its quality might feel awkward if the paper is not right, or other way round. That's why it takes time to find a pen and a paper that fit each other best. Encounters are difficult.

Matsubara Kaede: It's troublesome! It's troublesome! It's troublesome... but, I love you.