29 May 2012

결혼의 꼼수 The Marriage Plot


Title: 결혼의 꼼수 Gyeolhonui Kkomsoo 
English Title:
  • The Marriage Plot
  • The Marriage Scheme
Country: South Korea
Language: Korean
Year: 2012
Episode: 16
Cast:
  • 이규한 Lee Kyu Han
  • 강혜정 Kang Hye Jung
  • 이영은 Lee Young Eun
  • 이민우 Lee Min Woo
  • 김세정 Kim Se Jung
  • 박민지 Park Min Ji
  • 서재경 Seo Jae Kyung



SYNOPSIS
The owner of Chinjung Kimchi, a small kimchi company has four unmarried daughters of marriagable age. She decided to embark on a grand marriage scheme for her children by having them co-habitate with four eligible bachelors.

Second daughter Yoo Gun Hee is aggressive, independent, and a workaholic. She works in a conglomerate where she is tasked to manage the newly formed kimchi business division.

Lee Kang Jae is the son of the president of the conglomerate where Gun Hee works. He used to be Gun Hee's boss but when the kimchi business division was set up, Gun Hee became his superior at work. His father throws him out of the house and he ends up living in the boarding house managed by Gun Hee's mother.



REVIEW
I became interested in The Marriage Plot because of its advertisement where Yoo Gun Hee is wearing a wedding dress and Lee Kang Jae is wearing a tuxedo, and they are holding each other at gun point in front of a church altar. I think that was great advertising because it certainly caught my attention enough to make me want to watch the drama.

Given the plot's premise that the daughters and the eligible bachelors all live in the boarding house, I had assumed that all the relevant scenes would happen inside the house. However, it seemed that the most relevant scenes happened outside. I think that the perfect setting was wasted when it should have been the main feature.

I'm not really sure but I didn't really like where the drama went, in terms of plot development. The thing is, I don't really know where I want the drama to go, I just know I didn't like where it actually went. I just expected more, I guess; or rather I looked forward to something more and I feel like I ended up with less.

Anyway, I think the best thing about the drama is Lee Kyu Han because the way he portrayed Kang Jae made the character endearing. He was in another drama that I have watched but he was the second male lead there so I'm glad that in this production, his character finally got the girl and the happy ending.




###
결혼의 꼼수 The Marriage Plot