12 April 2014

弱くても勝てます Yowakute mo Katemasu

Title:
  • 弱くても勝てます Yowakute mo Katemasu
  • 弱くても勝てます〜青志先生とへっぽこ高校球児の野望〜 Yowakutemo Katemasu ~Aoshi-sensei to Heppoko Kōkō Kyūji no Yabō~
English Title:
  • Even the Weak Can Win
  • Even If We're Weak, We Can Win
  • Even If We're Weak, We Can Win ~The Ambitions of Teacher Aoshi and The Clumsy Baseball Loving High School Students~

Tamo Aoshi














I like Tamo Aoshi and I think it's great that he's exceptional in some ways but he's also lacking in many different ways. I adore his matter-of-fact ways of dealing with everything, including his strengths and weaknesses.

Tamo Aoshi: Having the motivation to do anything doesn't mean that I'll actually do anything.

I like that he's a straightforward character. He speaks directly and oftentimes with an edge, so he may probably come off as mean and condescending but I don't really interpret it that way and I don't know why.

Nonetheless, I am reminded of how important it is to be careful when communicating with other people, such as to pay attention to the tone of voice and maybe to use words that don't sound too forceful.

Anyway, Aoshi approaches problems in a systematic and analytical way. It may be because of his objective nature and scientific background that he focuses on things that he could do instead of dwelling on the things that could not be done.

Shirao Tsuyoshi






I have come to appreciate all the members of the Odawara Jōtoku baseball team but my favorite is unarguably star athlete Shirao Tsuyoshi. He acts his age but he's still levelheaded and mature.

I was surprised to find out that he made major decisions about his life because of a crush but when you think about it, we sometimes make decisions based on things that we thought are important at the time being. When he was probably deciding which high school to get into, he probably thought it is important to be in the same class as his crush so their relationship can progress from being acquaintances to friends, and maybe even lovers.

Which is why I think it's even more amazing that although he loves Tarumi Yuzuko, he is okay with her getting together with her childhood friend Akaiwa Kimiyasu. I think it's sad in a way that he never confessed to Yuzuko and he never really tried to go out on a date with her, but I think Tsuyoshi knew that he never really stood a chance.

I was reading economics at the time I was watching the drama so I thought it was great that he presented two principles of economics in action when it comes to baseball and his studies: people face trade offs, and the cost of something is what you give up to get it.